Choosing a Hosting Provider
Hosting is renting server space for your website to live on. Many companies provide hosting and I can work with any hosting you have already setup. However if you need a new host I have found Veerotech Shared Hosting's "ONE" tier to be suitable for starting most small business websites, and you can scale up as needed. Some reasons I prefer Veerotech:
- Fast and Reliable. They own all their hardware and ensure minimal downtime.
- Secure. Security at the server level with a Web Application Firewall, and free SSL Certificates.
- Affordable. Starting around $9/month, and offering discounts for 1 and 2 year plans.
- Backups. Automatic backups are generated every day and stored for 30 days.
1. Go to the account setup page.
2. Select "I have a domain", enter your domain name and click "Use".
3. Complete the "Review & Checkout" Page, and notify your developer that you have setup hosting.
Your account may appear as "Pending" but that is not a problem. As long as you used the correct domain name your developer can start the transfer to your new hosting.